The expected results of this training in terms of transversal competences are :
- To know and understand the methodologies and techniques necessary for the study of the great monotheistic religions, the religions of the Mediterranean area and the classical world, the religions of Asia and those of ethnological interest and the classical world, Asian religions and those of ethnological interest.
- To have the ability to analyze religious facts by considering different disciplinary approaches: textual analysis, cultural anthropology, social history, comparative history of religions and archaeology.
- To know and understand the historical and cultural identity as well as the sacred texts and exegetical traditions of the great world religions.
- To acquire the skills of research, also in autonomy, in the field of sciences related to religious phenomena, of elaboration of solutions to new or unfamiliar problems, even if new or unfamiliar problems, even in interdisciplinary contexts.
- To know how to manage the complexity of knowledge, also independently, as well as to elaborate observations and formulate evaluations, in relation to the cultural and social impact of the religious factor, with particular attention to the study and plurality of ethical and legal orders present in contemporary society contemporary society.
- To acquire the communicative skills necessary to transmit clearly and unambiguously, to both specialized and non-specialized interlocutors, the method and results of the the method and the results of scientific research on religions.
Career opportunities / Further studies
The final objective of this DU is to build a coherent ITI student profile that can evolve from the master's degree to the doctorate.
Students who validate the DU ITI HiSAAR will be able to apply for a three-year doctoral scholarship, financed by the ITI HiSAAR, attached to one of the doctoral schools federated in the institute: these scholarships will be put out to tender from 2022 to 2026. The contracts that will be awarded will concern the mention in "Interdisciplinary Studies in History, Sociology, Archaeology and Anthropology of Religion". Obtaining this HiSAAR DU will therefore be mandatory to apply for a doctoral HiSAAR fellowship.
Moreover, the training received in the DU, fully followed, will be formally certified to doctoral students coming from the associated EDs in their final diploma, in the form of a high level complementary training, and for people in continuous training, the DU HiSAAR will also be an added value in their training and in the evolution of their professional career.
As far as professional opportunities are concerned, graduates will be able to use this specialization of their training in a master's/doctorate, particularly in
the fields of research, communication, training, related to religious issues, (historical, philosophical, linguistic-literary, social), being endowed with functional competences in the acquisition, critical elaboration and transmission of humanistic-religious knowledge, and in the analysis of specific problems of multi-religious and multi-faith social contexts.
activities of experts in religious phenomena, inter-religious relations, multiculturalism, intercultural mediation in the specific problems of multi-religious social contexts.
functional training in the transmission of humanistic - historical and literary knowledge, with particular attention to the completion of the skills necessary for the teaching profession.
communication activities related to the religious fields, and editorial collaboration at different levels (activity of support to collection in the fields of religions, collaborations with newspapers and magazines interested in these fields, participation in radio and television programs, editorial activities for new media...).