PhD contracts ITI HiSAAR
In the main areas of its 5 research axes and cross-cutting themes, the HiSAAR ITI will award doctoral fellowships for research that includes an interdisciplinary dimension.
Fellowships will be put out to tender each year from 2022 until 2026. The contracts that will be awarded will be in the field of "Interdisciplinary Studies in History, Sociology, Archaeology and Anthropology of Religion".
Students holding the HiSAAR University Diploma will be able to apply for a three-year doctoral grant, financed by the ITI HiSAAR and attached to one of the three doctoral schools federated by this ITI. Obtaining the HiSAAR University Diploma remains a sine qua non condition to apply for a ITI HiSAAR doctoral grant.
In addition, candidates must be admitted to one of the 3 Doctoral Schools (ED) attached to the ITI HiSAAR to be able to apply for a doctoral grant from the ITI HiSAAR:
The candidates must take note of the admission procedures for doctoral studies in these three doctoral schools.
The following may apply
* Candidates who hold a Master 2 research degree and have validated the DU HiSAAR must first submit a copy of the admission file sent to the doctoral school concerned and an application form.
* candidates must have defended their M2 thesis at the date of the audition.
* External candidates, holders of a French or foreign Master 2 research degree, who have validated the DU HISAAR, must also submit a copy of the derogatory admission file sent to the doctoral school concerned.
* A minimum grade of 16/20 for the Master 2 thesis is required.
* candidates registering for the thesis for the first time in 2024-2025.
* if successful, candidates agree to settle in Strasbourg or its surroundings.
Applicants shall submit, no later than June 17, 2024 at 12:00 p.m. electronically to the project manager and copied to email@example.com a complete file including:
* A detailed curriculum vitae with photo.
* A copy of the master's thesis (can be send later, until June 17, 2024).
* A provisional certificate/diploma of successful completion of the Master 2.
* A copy of the defense report indicating the grade obtained during the defense of the Master 2 thesis (if possible).
* Details of the courses taken as part of the master's program (transcripts).
* A 10-page typed presentation of the research project (+ bibliography).
* The detailed opinion of the teacher-researcher who has accepted to direct the thesis.
* A provisional schedule over 3 years (feasibility of the project).
* The application form duly completed.
All these documents must be sent as individual files in .pdf format, indicating at the beginning of each document in the file: first and last name of the eligible candidate + name of the document (e.g.: Schmitt Daniel_thesis project).
After submitting all the required documents, candidates will receive an e-mail inviting them to attend the interview (date to be defined).
The interview will last 20 minutes and will be structured as follows:
- 10 minutes of presentation of the project
This presentation of a high scientific level may be accompanied if necessary by the projection of a PowerPoint.
- 10 minutes to respond to questions or comments.
Criteria used for the evaluation of the written file:
- The originality and interdisciplinary scientific contribution of the project (coeff. 3).
- The quality of the project in terms of writing, argument and methodology, including the presentation of the bibliography (coeff. 3).
- The coherence between the previous career and the selected project, including the knowledge of the modern or ancient languages required to carry out the project (coeff. 2).
- The possibility of the project within the three-year time limit, normally allotted, which includes the submission of a provisional timetable that can be taken up again with the selected candidates at the end of the first year of the doctorate (coeff. 2).
The language of the interview is French.
The results will be communicated to the candidates at the end of June 2024.
|Submission of applications
|no later than June 17, 2024, noon
|Audition of candidates
|to be defined
Decree No. 2016-1173 of August 29, 2016 amending Decree No. 2009-464 of April 23, 2009 on contractual doctoral students in public higher education or research institutions.
Contract amount: 1 975 € gross per month (2022)
Duration of funding: 3 years
Contact: Guillaume Ducoeur